skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums The Monthly Clubs December Returning back to training

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jojo3481
    Participant

Hi all
    Please could anyone advise me how long I have to wait until I can return back to training and getting back to the gym and doing classes like spin, combat and body pump. I did have a post surgery letter with info but can’t find it. I contacted the hospital about swimming and that was 6 weeks but I’m dying to get back as I was referred originally because of depression. I do my walking but miss the gym😢
    I had a full Laparoscopic hysterectomy

felicity
    Participant

Hi jo sorry have no idea. My op not until Monday and the post up recovery scares me the most from an activity perspective. Be careful, the one thing I’ve picked up from talking to people is don’t do too much too soon. Remind me of that though in a couple of months! I’ll be The same as you wanting to get back into action. Was swimming last night and have cycle and walk this weekend planned pre op. The one thing that I think is missing in general info is how to return to exercise safely. It means so much to some of us. thanks for all your posts have been back in some of the earlier months and it’s really helped xxx

Jojo3481
    Participant

Hi Felicity to be honest its not been too bad I’ve had no pain and I’m not needed to have any pain relief since having the operation which is amazing. The only pain I did have was from the trapped gas they put in to help separate the organs so peppermint water really helped you can buy that from health food shop and I would highly recommend you go and get some. I have been doing a lot of walking usually around 5 km a day but my hysterectomy was laparoscopic so not as invasive. I just don’t want to go back to the gym and end up damaging my pelvic floor or ending up with a prolapse but I’m back to work next week and can’t wait for some normality. Good luck I’m so glad I had it done I’ve not had a hot flush or night sweat sen I just don’t want to go back to the gym and end up damaging my pelvic floor or ending up with a prolapse but I’m back to work next week and can’t wait for some normality. Good luck I’m so glad I had it done I’ve not had a hot flash or not sweat since.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today