skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Sexuality and Hysterectomy Sex and Hysterectomy Sex after a hysterectomy

• This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah 1 month ago.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Trixybell

Hi I’ve recently had a laparoscopic hysterectomy (9/4/15) am just wondering how long to wait before having sex again my consultant said whenever I felt ready I feel fine but the hubby is worried about trying so soon. TIA x

juleskirk50

Hi trixy,

I do hope your recovery is going well. You should pop over to the April forum to chat with all the ladies who had their op around the same time as you. We are all different and heal differently –

I copied this information from another website about post laparoscopic sex – this is what it says !! ……… 8)

‘You may lift 10 pounds (about the weight of a gallon of milk) or less. Do NOT do any heavy lifting or straining for the first 3 weeks. You may be able to go back to a desk job within a couple of weeks. But, you may still get tired more easily at this time.

Do NOT put anything into your vagina for the first 8 – 12 weeks. This includes douching and tampons.

Do NOT have sexual intercourse for at least 12 weeks, and only after your doctor says it is okay. Resuming intercourse sooner than that could lead to complications.’

Just to reiterate that I copied this from another website -!! 😆

Most GP’s give the go ahead to resume sex after around 6 weeks – this is important especially if you have had your cervix removed as the vaginal cuff needs to heal – and also to prevent infection.

Good luck with your recovery and feel free to pop over to the monthly forums to chat with all the ladies there xx

Trixybell

Hi jules
    Thanks for the information 😀 am doing well feeling a lot better than I did before the op had endometriosis that was really bad 😈 they did take the neck of the womb away viginaly I’ve been to my GP on Monday this week as I had a heavy bleed said it was a clot that had popped and that everything looked healthy inside 😆

Were do the meetings take place? I’d love some more information doctors can only tell you so much but would be good to talk to other women that have gone through the surgery.

Am 35 year old mum of 2 one 16 year old and a 5 year old and really worried that sex won’t be the same for me or my hubby 😳
    Xx

Sarah
    Participant

Hello ladies
    I have had a full hyst removal of everyone including my cervix .
    There was suspected cancer but upon removal only benign very unusual fibroids were found .
    I have had sex twice and we both my partner and I found it a totally different experience .
    My vagina seems to be shortened and at a completely different angle .
    I am devastated and feel traumatised and do not want to try again at the moment .
    Any help ?
    Sarah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today