skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Types of Hysterectomy Laparascopic Hysterectomy Stitch and rib like pain

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Cindy
    Participant

Hi I had a laparoscopic total hysterectomy 9 weeks ago and I am still getting pains in my rib cage which is even sore to touch and a stitch pain in my ribs has anybody else experienced this for so long after post off it hurts especially also when I have eaten as if I have eaten too much and cannot even tolerate my bra touching my rib cage feels like someone has kicked me in the side. Is this normal?

Sprollie2
    Participant

Hi ,
    I’m new to the forums, had a laparoscopic hysterectomy on 24 May 2019 , so I’m coming up to 6weeks post op.
    Think I’m doing ok, started to “potter” but have felt quite low and exhausted for the last couple of weeks. What isn’t helping us that I’m feeling really uncomfortable on my right side, still very swollen but underneath ribs especially after eating , it’s tender and difficult to sit up straight comfortably.
    I’ve just read your post and wondered if this was the same as you had ?
    Hoping your still on the site , if not has anyone else for this ?

Jennycat
    Participant

Hi

I know this is an old post but I have exactly the same. It comes and goes and by the end of the day can be quite intense. I am guessing it is exhausted rib and back muscles. Breathing in and stretching the side ribs whilst compressing the ribs on the other side seems to help. A few sets of breathes alternating sides helps.

I also get it if I have sat still too long. My guess is my ribs are slumping down into my abdomen.

Finding a way to sit up straight and tall (string out of crown of head) with hips higher then knees helps me unravel and release the pain.

If all else fails, lie down with my spine straight and a pillow under my knees.

Clare
    Participant

I am finding that l prefer to lie straight in bed with pillow under knees . This is most comfortable position wjen l feel l need a rest or get pain .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today