skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Types of Hysterectomy Hysterectomy with BSO Stomach clenching/contracting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Capricorn76
    Participant

I had TAH-BSO 4 weeks ago. A few hours after my op my stomach started involuntarily clenching. Nurse said my insides were probably in shock and not to worry. For the last week, my stomach wakes me up every morning by clenching/contracting the abdominal wall. It’s not painful but really quite uncomfortable. Is this normal please?

Clare
    Participant

Hi Capricorn . l have similar feelings going on in my stomach and take it to be the healing and settling process . l had it about 3/4 weeks in and again at 6weeks . Shocking and uncomfortable l know . Hope it calms for you soon . Just try to rest . l fimd being flat on back helps xxx

Capricorn76
    Participant

Thanks Clare.

I think it has started to settle a little bit now. Always happens when I first wake up, particularly if my fan is blowing cold air at me 🤷‍♀️….weird I know 😂.

Clare
    Participant

Oh good . l am still getting cramps – backache and wind .Is any one else still having these symptoms at 7weeks or after . Keep thinking l have done somethimg wrong ? Am l just being impatient ? Help …..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today