skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Sexuality and Hysterectomy Sex and Hysterectomy That feeling in the pit of your stomach!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Flowery359
    Participant

Hi all, I’m having a subtotal hysterectomy next month and I’ve been doing lots (and lots!) of reading. So far I’ve managed to answer all of my questions except one – will I lose that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you really want your partner? It hadn’t occurred to me before and I suddenly started thinking about it the other day and I am worried that it’s going to be gone. I’ve really got no idea if that feeling originates from my uterus or if its something else. Those of you that have already undergone your op, do you still get that feeling in your stomach?

Thank you so much!

123HFCS
    Participant

Hello and happy new year! I’m new to this site as I’ve only just been told by my consultant that due to a huge cyst on my overy she suggests a total hysterectomy. I have exactly the same fears as you, I’m so worried that my sex life is going to be hampered. Has anyone replied to you, I can’t see any replies but I wonder if that is user error? I’m seriously thinking about not going ahead as no cancer markers have been picked up yet. I do hope you don’t mind me writing to you when I have no answers, hopefully someone might reply soon. Best of luck. Hx

Flowery359
    Participant

Hi, happy New Year to you too! No one has replied on here so far, so I posted on another forum and had a couple of responses from women saying not to worry. They said that although it might disappear for a while as hormones adjust, it should all settle down again and be ok. I did a lot of research on alternative options for my condition and came to the conclusion that partial hysterectomy is the right choice for me but I had to visit a couple of doctors before I found one who looked at me as an individual and didn’t try to push me down a treatment route I wasn’t comfortable with. If you feel that a total hysterectomy might not be right for you, it might be worth visiting another doctor for a second opinion.

All the best to you too, F x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today