skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums General Hysterectomy General Hysterectomy Questions To you tube or not you tube?????

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Marie
    Participant

Hi

I’m just wondering if anyone out there has been brave enough to watch an opportunity in you tube prior to having it done…..Will it eleviate any worries or enhance them.

KatieG
    Participant

Hi Marie

I’m not stalking you, I promise lol! But I think we are both keen to keep finding out information.

I was not remotely tempted to look at ‘my’ surgery on You Tube in advance – made me feel squeamish, just thinking about seeing it. Although, post-op, I am quite fascinated to see how it was done. I had ‘everything’ taken out and all by laparoscopy – my four incisions are weeny so can’t really imagine how they managed it!! Having said that, I haven’t plucked up the courage to do it yet.

Would be interesting to see if anyone else on here has done it – either pre or post op – and what their views are as to whether it is a good or bad idea.

Katie x

Marie
    Participant

Lol hi again. Yes, I do feel the need to get my head round stuff…. I’ve 2 friends who’ve had it done… One said yes the other no. I think it may terrify me…but I’m a classic example of curiosity killed the cat x

KatieG
    Participant

Let me know what you decide! x x

karen.mail81

I looked at some pictures (just a google search), but that was enough for me to know what was going to happen. I don’t think I would have been brave enough for youtube! Though I’m strangely curious to know what my uterus and fibroid looked like when he removed them….?

(I had open surgery and everything taken away apart from one ovary)

Marie
    Participant

I think I will pass on the video lol

KatieG
    Participant

Ha ha – don’t blame you. I’m still contemplating doing it but will probably wimp out lol xx

KatieG
    Participant

Hi @marie and @karen-mail81

I decided to brave it and watched my procedure (TLH/BSO) on Youtube this afternoon. Although I actually found the commentary quite annoying (American) so – can you believe?!?!? – I’m going to seek out some other videos of the same procedure! I don’t know what has come over me as I’ve never been able to watch medical procedures before. Today I also started watching, on iplayer, the BBC documentary series about surgeons. Not sure if either of you have watched but it is absolutely brilliant and unbelievable at what can be done these days (it’s pretty graphic though).

Anyway, just thought I’d report that I’ve done it!

Katie xx

karen.mail81

Wow!! Can’t believe you did it!! I can’t even cope watching Holby City these days!! Never mind that Surgeon programme!
    Think I’ll give it and YouTube a miss.

KatieG
    Participant

@karen.mail81. Hi again, Karen. I can’t believe it either – I never could bear to watch medical procedures before my op!

Marie
    Participant

Hi girls

I’ve got as far as putting it or in the search bar, and listening to some of the blogs about recovery but as you say it’s all American;!!

Google pics look quite horrific. I’m concentrating more on prep. Yoga mat (for exercises after to strength -and cause it was cheap lol) tick. Hot water bottle. Tick. V pillow. Tick. Bag packed. Tick. Peppa pig stool to help with loo….Tick (I’m 4’11” lol so feet don’t touch floor anyway and my granddaughter can then have it) tick……

Full body hot stones massage, facial and eyelash perm today. Preop Tuesday….then it’s he’ll with zolade x for 3week then it’s op day….

I’m trying to avoid you tube xxx

KatieG
    Participant

Good morning @marie

Ignore you tube! You can always look at it post op if you suddenly feel some great desire to. I still don’t actually know why I did it or why I didn’t find it horrific! Although I wouldn’t have contemplated watching before my op.

You are sounding super organised which is excellent! And what a lovely day of pampering you have ahead of you today – hope you enjoy that. I absolutely love hot stones massage so am very envious. Although I’ve never even heard of an eyelash perm?!? Maybe I need to get out more lol.

Hope you have a lovely, relaxing day.
    Katie xxx

Marie
    Participant

In the eyelash perm is lovely. It just tints and curls so I don’t need to worry about mascara etc. I may even look a little human. I’ve not had hot stones for ages but as I like a deep massage this will mean not as much pressure which kinda hurts at the moment xx

ShellyL

I did actually watch all methods of the surgery from start to finish before deciding to go with Laprascopic. For some it can be a little too graphic but for us strangely cathartic. I guess I was the latter. I’d just be prepared for what you are going to see. Sometimes ignorance really can be bliss but if you are naturally curious like me and the type to research the death out of something to come to your own informed decision, go for it….I personally feel like I have earned my medical licence 😂😂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today