skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Types of Hysterectomy Total Hysterectomy Total hysterectomy new

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Daise1970
    Participant

Hi all, My name is Daise and I am 48 but due to a fibroid and a cyst on my left ovary I have just found out i’m in need of an urgent hysterectomy and would appreciate any information in what a total abdominal hysterectomy involves and what is the expected recovery period after?

LouiseD1
    Participant

Hi Daise, I’m the same age and have just had a similar procedure for similar reasons. I’m sure you’re quite apprehensive but I’m sure this website will help you a lot. If you look at some of the other forums and topics, there is a lot of information about what the surgery involves and how to cope. My consultant told me about six weeks for recovery. Everyone is different and you’ll read lots of different experiences but mine would be that 6 weeks is ambitious! I’m now 7 weeks post-op and still a long way to go. I wish you lots of luck and hope all goes really well for you x

Pambear83
    Participant

Hi Daise,

I am 35 and 3 weeks post op. I was told 4-6 weeks, no work or driving for 4. This week was my first full week back at work and i am also driving. I feel pretty good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today