skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Gynaecological Conditions Fibroids Urgent referral for hysterectomy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

TechieJo
    Participant

Hi,
    A huge fibroid in my womb was picked up on a CT scan when I was being investigated for suspected Lymphoma. Fortunately, I do not have Lymphoma but am now facing an urgent hysterectomy (within the next few weeks). I have been told that the fibroid is the size of a six month pregnancy and that it is interfering with my urinary system. My ureters are basically being squashed and my kidney function is becoming impaired. I have been having lots of pain for quite a long time and just ignored it as I am not one to go to the doctors. I have been told I need a full abdominal hysterectomy, through a vertical incision. At the same time as having the hysterectomy, a urologist will put stents in my ureters to open them up. As you can imagine, it has all come as a bit of a shock and I am worried about having the operation and what to expect. I also have been told that because my job involves a lot of manual handling, lifting etc, I will need at least twelve weeks off work. I don’t know how I will cope with so long off work as I get bored if I’m not working. Any advice would be most welcome.

marie10

Hi Techiiejo,
    Thought I would follow up – did you have the hysterectomy? How did it go?
    All best,
    Marie10

AmandaJD
    Participant

Hi TechieJo,

I would also be interested to hear how you got on. My bladder, right ureter and right kidney are being compromised by my fibroids so I’m preparing myself for possible complications. My op is due 25th April. Hopefully all went well and you will be able to put my mind at rest x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today