skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Gynaecological Conditions Fibroids Urgent referral for hysterectomy

• This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

TechieJo
    Participant

Hi,
    A huge fibroid in my womb was picked up on a CT scan when I was being investigated for suspected Lymphoma. Fortunately, I do not have Lymphoma but am now facing an urgent hysterectomy (within the next few weeks). I have been told that the fibroid is the size of a six month pregnancy and that it is interfering with my urinary system. My ureters are basically being squashed and my kidney function is becoming impaired. I have been having lots of pain for quite a long time and just ignored it as I am not one to go to the doctors. I have been told I need a full abdominal hysterectomy, through a vertical incision. At the same time as having the hysterectomy, a urologist will put stents in my ureters to open them up. As you can imagine, it has all come as a bit of a shock and I am worried about having the operation and what to expect. I also have been told that because my job involves a lot of manual handling, lifting etc, I will need at least twelve weeks off work. I don’t know how I will cope with so long off work as I get bored if I’m not working. Any advice would be most welcome.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today