vaginal hysterectomy booked for september

Forums Forums Types of Hysterectomy Vaginal Hysterectomy vaginal hysterectomy booked for september

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of avrilmountford
    avril mountford
    Participant

Hi i am new to the forum and was just looking for some advise, I am booked to have a vaginal hysterectomy in September, i am perfectly healthy but have third degree prolapse but which is causing me no health problems whatsoever. the only problem is that sex is currently not possible, and whilst i am currently single, would hope that i wont be on my own for the rest of my life and this is why i am considering a vaginal hysterectomy. am i completely mad to consider this major surgery for this reason. i have read quite a bit about possible implications of the procedure and can see that there are risks involved. finding it very hard to know what to do on this one, take the risk or remain celibate for the rest of my life

Profile photo of Jane
    Jane Seymour
    Participant

Hi. I had my laparoscopic vaginal hysterectomy 2 days ago. All went well and I came home 24hrs after the op. Taking it easy. So far all fine with pain manageable. 3 small cuts in abdomen. Not noticing any vaginal discomfort. Walked 4 hrs after op. Bladder took a while to wake up but when it did all fine. I am happy with having this op. I can live now!

Jane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.