skip to Main Content

Register to Become a Member Today

Forums Forums Managing The Menopause Symptoms of the Menopause Week 14 and aching hips, legs and back

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jscsc1

Hi Folks, this is my first post and I have been finding this forum very useful, I am 49. I had LAVH and BSO so everything out basically on June 15th. Findings were stage 4 endometriosis and a large benign cyst on left ovary. I have had an unremarkable recovery with no problems to speak of other than some tiredness kicking in around 3 weeks ago as I do more.

What I have noticed in the past 2-3 weeks is that my thighs, hips and back ache when I get up from bed or sitting for a while and it takes a few minutes for it to subside. I am not on any HRT because of the endo and I’m not taking any other supplements.

I would be interested to hear of anyone else noticing this.

Thank you x

Welshgirl93

Hi, I’m 9 weeks post TAH and BSO and have an aching back but I suffer with my back and neck anyway with degenerative disc disease ( from being a nurse 🙁 ) and am long overdo an apt with the Osteopath and the surgery itself won’t have helped with this.

I think it is unlikely to be menopause related for me but until I see the Osteopath and get clicked back into place i won’t know for sure but I don’t have any other aches and pains.

I am taking various non HRT natural lotions and potions to help me with any menopause symptoms and this seems to be working well for me. It might be worth looking at taking some joint supplements and seeing if they help you or seeing your GP if you are worried.

Sorry not much help really lol.

Nick x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register to Become a Member Today