About our forums
We use two WordPress plugins, BuddyPress and BBPress to power our online community. BuddyPress is a powerful community system that includes all of the features you’ve come to expect from any online community, like user profiles, groups, activity streams, notifications, and more. BBPress is forum software that allows you to have group conversations with others around a specific topic. You set the topic and others can reply.
How do I create an account?
To use our online community and forum you must have an account with the Hysterectomy Association. You can set up a free account by visiting https://www.hysterectomy-association.org.uk/contact-us/join-us/. You can also set up a paid account that gives you additional benefits such as free books, downloads and access to our telephone help line. You can find out more about both account types here: https://www.hysterectomy-association.org.uk/contact-us/join-us/
How do I login to the forums?
You can login by using the login box on the right hand side of the forums. You will also be able to login to the main site, this allows you to add comments to our blog posts there.
Help! I don’t know my username or password?
If you can’t login to your account it may be because your username changed in the redevelopment of the forums site. However, you can use your email address to login as well so try this first. When you have logged in you’ll be able to see your username from your Profile page.
If you have don’t know your password, you will need to reset it. Your password is reset on the main hysterectomy association website and then copied over automatically to the forums. To reset your password,
- Click the Reset Password link.
- You will be asked for your account email address to receive an activation email.
- Click the link in the email and click the Strong password link on the page you are taken to. This generates a really good strong password for you.
- Copy the password and paste it into a document you can keep.
- To make sure your new password is copied over automatically you MUST login to your account on the main website using your username/email address and new password.
- From the My Account page, click to ‘edit password and account details’; check the details and click ‘Save Changes’. Note. you must click even if everything is fine.
- Go to the forums home page and copy the password you saved into the password box and click Login
- Don’t forget to allow your computer to save your details if you are on your personal PC, laptop or phone.
Why do I need to login twice?
The Hysterectomy Association website is divided into multiple sections, this helps us manage the site. However, each section is independent and, although they share your login details, they do need you to login again. This is more likely to happen when you want to change any settings, like your email address, or want to add a comment on one of our blog posts.
You can have both section remember your your password by ticking the Remember Me box underneath the login boxes on each part of the website.
Help! My username isn’t recognised
If you are having problems with your username it may be because it changed when we migrated all the information from the old forum system into the new. The username we now use will be the one you had on the old forum system (if you were a member then).
If you can’t login, try logging in with your email address instead.
What happens if I change my email address?
You can update your email address through the settings in your profile.